6944 Beiträge

Monitor
Granadaseggl
Eines ist sicher, auch dieses Jahr ist Weihnachten.
Schon mal vormerken für die bevorstehende Weihnachtsfeier:

The Rudest Christmas Song Ever ...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U2XdkBkTTk

@Hortensie

Weiterhin angenehme (und hoffentlich günstige) Flüge und gutes Ankommen, wo auch immer.

We received an invitation in the post one Monday morn'
To attend our cousin's wedding in the town where we were born
The do was back in Kerry; so wishing to be frugal
We trawled the 'net to find some decent travel deals on Google
Cheap flights, cheap flights, cheap as they can be
Bedad we found an airline selling flights for 50p
Diddly aiden daidin daidin dai

Well we clicked on to the website and were mightily surprised
To find the actual cost wasn't quite as advertised
We'd forgotten airport taxes, had also to be billed
But a bargain is a bargain and begorrah we were thrilled

Cheap flights, cheap flights, Stansted to Tralee
It isn't every airline offers flights for 50p
Diddly aiden daidin daidin dai

Ryanair-Flieger will nach Griechenland und landet 800 Kilometer weiter
Die Ryanair-Passagiere wurden einfach in Rumänien zurückgelassen.

https://www.huffingtonpost.de/entry/rya ... b4c25da124

Der fliegende Holländer wollte nach Sydney

https://www.watson.ch/australien/reisen ... chneesturm

Er hätte auch nach Sidney bei Victoria Westküste fliegen können, dort wäre es wärmer gewesen als in Sydney, Nova Scotia. Nur 6.000 km westwärts.

http://www.sidney-bc.worldweb.com/Trans ... /Airports/

Bis dann in Stuttgart

Bild

Stuttgart gilt als die Welthauptstadt des Reises und der Entenjagd (Rice and Duck Capital of the World).
Dieses Stuttgart wurde im Jahr 1878 von Adam Bürkle aus Plattenhardt gegründet. Bürkle, der 1852 nach Amerika ausgewandert war....
Der Film Rosalie Goes Shopping von Percy Adlon (1988, USA) spielt in Stuttgart/Arkansas.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuttgart ... al_Airport

Stuttgart ist ein Ort in Kansas, USA. Er wurde am 6. Februar 1888 gegründet.
I could write several novels about what I do not know.

Monitor
Granadaseggl
An old joke reloaded:

What is the difference between the American and the British?

The Americans have Ronald Reagan,

Bob Hope and Johnny Cash,

whereas

the Brit have Maggie Thatcher, no hope and no cash.

Ich habe mir das Ereignis gestern auch live angesehen.

From GB to LE (Little England)

Monitor
Granadaseggl

Beeinflusst vom Musikgeschmack ihrer Eltern Ingrid Weiss (Ex-Schlagzeugerin bei The Raincoats) und Graeme Durham musizierte die gesamte Familie im eigenen Haus im Londoner Stadtteil Kentish Town. 2002 kam es zu ersten gemeinsamen Auftritten in örtlichen Clubs. Kitty, Daisy & Lewis waren zu diesem Zeitpunkt noch Teenager. Auf der Bühne begleitete das Trio ihre Mutter Ingrid Weiss am Kontrabass und ihr Vater Graeme Durham an der Gitarre, während Kitty, Daisy & Lewis sich an den anderen Instrumenten und auch am Mikrofon abwechselten.

2005 und 2006 wurden die ersten Singles auf dem kleinen Label „Sunday Best“ veröffentlicht: „Honolulu Rock and Roll“ und „Mean Son Of A Gun“. Die Singles wurden im eigenen Heimstudio produziert. Als Aufnahmeequipment wurden ausschließlich Geräte aus den 1940er und 1950er Jahren verwendet. Die Vinyl-Single-Master wurden von Lewis Durham gefertigt.

Upcoming concerts

Friday 21 June 2019

Kitty, Daisy & Lewis

Serenadenhof Nürnberg, Nuremberg, Germany

Saturday 22 June 2019

Kitty, Daisy & Lewis

Saloppe, Dresden, Germany

Monitor
Granadaseggl
Auswurf hat geschrieben:
beschde band?

“Where the Music Matters” - beste Public Radio Station aus Seattle.
KEXP :nod:

Obwohl KEXP die Radiostation der University of Washington ist, arbeiten nur noch wenige Studenten bei dem mittlerweile professionellen Sender. Offizieller Eigentümer sind die „Friends of KEXP“. Die Station hat rund 12.000 Fördermitglieder, welche den Sender mit einem freiwilligen Beitrag teilweise finanzieren. Daneben erhält KEXP rund 200 einzelne Spenden von Unternehmen im Jahr. Wie alle Public Radio Stations sendet KEXP keine Werbung, nennt aber einzelne finanzielle Unterstützer des Senders oder bestimmter Programme zu Beginn der Sendungen.

I'm not sick of Seattle!

I'm homesick for Seattle! :cry:

Feeling so tired
And grungy and scared
Tired of flannel
And growing my hair
Tired of going nowhere
And I'm sick of Seattle
Came here to find me a place in the sun
Once was a scene now it's already done
Thinking of leaving, it's no longer fun in Seattle
In Seattle
Catch the first plane in the morning
I won't be sleeping tonight
I won't be late for that flight
'Cause I'm sick of Seattle
Yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Monitor
Granadaseggl
Morgen Auftritt in Minneapolis. Da wäre ich auch gerne mal wieder.

J.S. Ondara’s American Dreams

Nairobi-born singer-songwriter offers a fresh perspective on this country’s promise and failings

Immigration paperwork in hand, Ondara came to the United States in February 2013 at the age of 20, a move that instantly sparked his creativity. “Can’t sleep,” he tweeted within weeks of moving to America. “Mind is super-charged with ideas!”

He settled with an aunt who lived near Minneapolis, choosing his new home in part because of Dylan’s connection to the state of Minnesota. “One of the reasons I love Dylan so much is that he was this romantic dude: ‘I’m going to to go to New York because Woody Guthrie’s over there,’” says Ondara. “I’m a romantic in that same way. I just figured I’ll go to America, this random city. I’m going to follow where my heart wants me to go. And for me, it was Bob Dylan.”

Arriving in Minnesota in the middle of winter complicated the romantic image he had of America. When he first made the pilgrimage to Dylan’s hometown of Hibbing, in northern Minnesota, he was stunned. “There was nothing there. It was surreal.”

“Old troubadour style,” is how he describes his music today. “A guy playing sad songs with a guitar, for now. Until I go electric and make everyone upset.”

Perfekt!

https://www.jsondara.com/