6944 Beiträge

Monitor
Granadaseggl
I've wasted so much time
Writing songs and playing on my guitar
I've wasted so much love
Now I wish I'd never learnt to play a note

And if I had an aeroplane then I'd fly you…

Tell me what's the measure of a man.
Can you find it in the distance that he ran?
To give you everything you ever wanted
so you would never have to want or need.

So here's my heart, and here's my soul,
take them both they're yours
but please be careful they're as delicate as you.

Er wurde nur 35 Jahre alt: Matthew Chipchase, Frontmann der britischen Indieband Young Rebel Set, ist überraschend am 1. Dezember 2019 verstorben.

Zuletzt geändert von Monitor am 23. Juni 2020 19:28, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
I could write several novels about what I do not know.

Auswurf
Grasdaggl
I've wasted so much time
Writing songs and playing on my guitar
I've wasted so much love
Now I wish I'd never learnt to play a note

das ist gefährliches gedankengut und ich hoffe,
dass die gegenteilige auffassung sich als nachhaltiger erweist ;)

ah, ok
ich les jetzt erst, dass er jung starb
- da kammer schonmal so draufkommen
das ist doch keine Musik

Monitor
Granadaseggl
Einfach das übernehmen, was (zu einem) passt.

And if I had an aeroplane then I'd fly you… :nod:

Matthew Chipchase hör(t)e ich gern.e

I Will Be Back One Day :nod:

Lord Huron

Die Jungs erinnern mich an ähnliche Bands, denen wir mal beim Northwest Folklife Festival 2009
in Seattle zugehört haben. Da gabs nicht nur Bluegrass-Bands. Wie es der Zufall so wollte,
hörte man sie eine Woche später in Portland Downtown. Am nächsten Tag lief man direkt
in die Arme des Film-Teams von Harrison Ford und wurde gefragt, ob man Lust hätte, bei
den Dreharbeiten mitzumachen. Ähnliches ist uns mal in Istanbul sogar zweimal passiert.

The Northwest Folklife Festival is an annual festival of ethnic, folk, and traditional art, crafts, and music that takes place over the Memorial Day weekend in Seattle, Washington at Seattle Center. It brings together an estimated 250,000 visitors, 800 volunteers, and about 6,000 musicians, dancers, and other performers. Admission is without charge thanks to community support and donations from attendees. Greeters at the entrances encourage visitors to make donations and special buttons with yearly designs are exchanged for donations.

Northwest Folklife was founded in 1971 by the Seattle Folklore Society, the National Park Service, the National Folk Festival Association (now the National Council for the Traditional Arts), and the City of Seattle, as part of the Park Service's urban outreach program to allow the people of its Northwest Region (including Alaska) to publicly present what they "make for their own use and do for their own entertainment." The first festival was first held in 1972 and has since grown to become the largest festival of its kind in North America.

As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Folklife was cancelled for 2020 and was deferred to 2021.

Monitor
Granadaseggl
New Country Music "die Songs strotzen vor Ironie, sind meist in Moll gehalten".

The Heavy Horses plays guitar, drinks tea & writes songs about outlaws, angels & murder.

Murder Ballads & Other Love Songs is the debut album by The Heavy Horses, the pseudonym under which Canadian musician Justin Mahoney writes and records songs about outlaws, angels, and murder.

Justin Mahoney:

Originally from Steady Brook, Newfoundland, a magical place to spend your developing years. Moved to Toronto in 2005. Left Toronto in 2012. Now I wander around and walk a dog as often as I can.

Steeped in tradition, and raised on a healthy diet of "the old country", The Heavy Horses are naturally drawn to writing in the same style of music, and make no excuses for it. Although they have never raised a pistol to a man, fled to Mexico, murdered out of love, anger, or murdered "just to watch him die" as Johnny Cash once put it, these themes are abundant in the writing.

Strafraumgitarre
Halbdaggl

Haberscher Disclaimer: Amazing, isn't it? :)

Genauer: Diese beiden bildeten und bilden den Kern der grandiosen Hothouse Flowers.
Und es ist echt erstaunlich: Immer, wirklich immer(!) - seit ihrem 1988er Debut bis zu den vereinzelten Lebenszeichen heute - wenn ich Liam Ó Maonlaí singen höre, öffnet sich ein kleines Fenster in meinem vernarbten Herzen und flutet es mit Sonne. Dafür liebe ich ihn! Amen... :prost:
Fick den Reichskanzler! Und den Kaiser!

Strafraumgitarre
Halbdaggl

Haberscher Disclaimer: Fatoumata Diawara ist eine Sängerin/Songwriterin aus Mali, die ihre Stimmbänder unter anderem bereits für Herbie Hancock strapaziert hat. Ich persönlich habe mich spätestens nach dem 3. Bier nachhaltig in ihre Stimme verliebt und schtäze nicht zuletzt diesen youtube-Kommentar, den ich zu unterschreiben freudig bereit bin:
Came for the voice stayed for the insane nuts mind boggling nuclear guitar
But let's still not forget the voice :!: :idea: :D
Fick den Reichskanzler! Und den Kaiser!