8121 Beiträge





Monitor
Benutzeravatar
Granadaseggl
Heartless Bastards - "Only For You"



Heartless Bastards are an American rock band formed in Cincinnati, Ohio

-
J.D. McPherson - North Side Gal



Jonathan David "JD" McPherson, is a singer-songwriter and guitarist from Broken Arrow, Oklahoma.
I could write several novels about what I do not know.

Monitor
Benutzeravatar
Granadaseggl
Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros - Redemption Song



John Graham Mellor, known professionally as Joe Strummer, was a British musician. He was the co-founder, lyricist, rhythm guitarist, and lead vocalist of punk rock band the Clash, formed in 1976.

I could write several novels about what I do not know.

















Monitor
Benutzeravatar
Granadaseggl
;) KEXP thanx

Ich fahr gerade so einen uralten Japaner und man kann nur raten, welchen Radiosender man
beim Sendersuchen gerade erwischt, der momentan nicht rauscht. Mit Handy und Radio wird man eh oft von unsichtbarer Hand zum Nachbarn u.a. Seattle versetzt. Beim Handy merkt man es gleich, weil einem die
US-Tarife mehrfach per sms gesendet werden von Lower 48. Man sieht rüber.

Diese Woche hörte ich bei der längeren Fahrt zufällig einen US-News-Sender.

NorthWest Newsradio. Keine Musik, nur monotone
News oder langatmige Witze der beiden besonders lustigen Moderatoren, die ich meist nicht verstand.

Sie haben für mich mitgelacht.

Ich erinnerte mich daran (btw.kein Witz aus NorthWest NewsRadio):


Werner Heisenberg, Kurt Gödel und Noam Chomsky gehen in eine Bar.

Heisenberg sagt: "Das muss ein Witz sein, aber wie kriegen wir raus, ob er witzig ist?"

Gödel antwortet: "Wir sind Teil des Witzes. Wir kriegen es nie raus."

Woraufhin Chomsky einwirft: "Klar ist der witzig. Du erzählst ihn nur falsch."



Aber dann werden immer wieder mehrminütige (Propaaa....)-Ansagen / Warnungen an illegale
Aliens ausgesprochen, ausführlicher auch von Secretary of Homeland Security, Kristi Noem.

Hier spricht Kristi Noem*...! Trump wiederholend lobend, anpreisend--! Logisch!

*The whole family has a deep love for each other and an even deeper love for the Lord.


Verstehe ungefähr die Hälfte (Fahrgeräusche, Radiorauschen) wie ungefähr > Gedächtnisprotokoll:

....Ihr illegalen Ausländer, verschwindet sofort aus.... irgendwas von 1.000 $ Strafe pro Tag, Arrest
und noch schlimmer etc. Abschiebung.

Ok, weiß jetzt Bescheid.
Ich bin / war gerne in Seattle und Umgebung und die meisten
Kontakte, Gastgeber fand ich sehr angenehm.

Mir fiel wieder für mich ein:

Politiker und Bevölkerung eines Landes sollten wir auseinanderhalten..!


Der Eintritt ist seit Oktober ein bisschen teurer geworden.

ESTA

Die für die Erhebung der neuen Gebühr erforderlichen Systemaktualisierungen beim CBP (US-Zoll- und Grenzschutz) sollen am 30. Sept. 2025 in Kraft treten. Alle bis dahin im System registrierten, aber noch nicht bezahlten ESTA-Anträge unterliegen ab diesem Datum der neuen Gebühr von $40 = 34,51 € (bis 30. Sept. 2025 kostete ESTA $21,00, so um die 18,12 €).


CBP systems updates required to collect the new fee amount are scheduled to be effective on September 30, 2025. All unpaid ESTA applications in the system after the system update on September 30, 2025, will be subject to the new fee amount of $40.



-


Negro y Azul (The Heisenberg Song)

I could write several novels about what I do not know.


Monitor
Benutzeravatar
Granadaseggl
„Es kommt von dem Gefühl, dass es nicht wirklich real ist,
oder dass es real ist, aber nicht wirklich da.“

"It's coming to America first,
the cradle of the best and of the worst."


Das Lied (1992) postuliert, dass die Demokratiebewegung in den USA aus der Basis, aus „sozialer und politischer Unordnung“ und aus der Not derer entstehen wird, die unter Armut leiden. Cohen verweist beispielsweise auf die Geisterstädte, die im Herzen Amerikas durch die Flucht der Konzerne entstanden sind.

Der Text thematisiert die Schwächen und das Versprechen der Demokratie in den Vereinigten Staaten.

Leonard Cohen - Democracy is coming to the USA




"Democracy"

It's coming through a hole in the air,
from those nights in Tiananmen Square.
It's coming from the feel
that this ain't exactly real,
or it's real, but it ain't exactly there.
From the wars against disorder,
from the sirens night and day,
from the fires of the homeless,
from the ashes of the gay:
Democracy is coming to the U.S.A.
It's coming through a crack in the wall;
on a visionary flood of alcohol;
from the staggering account
of the Sermon on the Mount
which I don't pretend to understand at all.
It's coming from the silence
on the dock of the bay,
from the brave, the bold, the battered
heart of Chevrolet:
Democracy is coming to the U.S.A.

It's coming from the sorrow in the street,
the holy places where the races meet;
from the homicidal bitchin'
that goes down in every kitchen
to determine who will serve and who will eat.
From the wells of disappointment
where the women kneel to pray
for the grace of God in the desert here
and the desert far away:
Democracy is coming to the U.S.A.

Sail on, sail on
O mighty Ship of State!
To the Shores of Need
Past the Reefs of Greed
Through the Squalls of Hate
Sail on, sail on, sail on, sail on.

It's coming to America first,
the cradle of the best and of the worst.
It's here they got the range
and the machinery for change
and it's here they got the spiritual thirst.
It's here the family's broken
and it's here the lonely say
that the heart has got to open
in a fundamental way:
Democracy is coming to the U.S.A.

It's coming from the women and the men.
O baby, we'll be making love again.
We'll be going down so deep
the river's going to weep,
and the mountain's going to shout Amen!
It's coming like the tidal flood
beneath the lunar sway,
imperial, mysterious,
in amorous array:
Democracy is coming to the U.S.A.

Sail on, sail on ...

I'm sentimental, if you know what I mean
I love the country but I can't stand the scene.

And I'm neither left or right
I'm just staying home tonight,
getting lost in that hopeless little screen.
But I'm stubborn as those garbage bags
that Time cannot decay,
I'm junk but I'm still holding up
this little wild bouquet:
Democracy is coming to the U.S.A.
I could write several novels about what I do not know.